Monday 21st September, 2009A vision of the end of the world on the aeroplane to Arlanda: British Airways' GPS screen just showing a blue screen with NORTH SEA in the middle of it; and outside only clouds, so all that could be seen was a bright featureless luminous whiteness, cutting the world inside the fuselage off completely from the world outside it. Maybe the end will come as an all-pervading luminous mist, thicker and thicker, dividing everything from everything else until one is alone; and then dividing oneself from oneself, part by part, in reducing awareness until there is no self left to experience, and no world left outside for it to experience either.
Thursday 17th September, 2009A brief review of the final of the tournament BWC season held in Waltham Chase on Sunday 30th August 2009.
Final scores were:
|Rob Mo||nil but enlightened. Drawn on by himself.|
|Ian||269+6i. Drawn on by Rob Mo. Lactose intolerant.|
|Toby||96+6i-5j. Drawn on by Rob Mo while gloved.|
|Rob Mi||483+6i. Wearing one sock due to iconoclasm. Half a king.|
|Jimmy||5+7i but +8 against rodents.|
|Emma||2-765i. Underwent 90 degree rotation.|
Some game highlights:
- The integer 5 was declared not prime. 4 was later declared prime in its place.
- There were 3 value axes in play: one complex plane and one auxiliary integer axis.
- Iconoclasm was in play.
- Richard scored 4 points despite not actually playing the game.
- Rob Mo was under Squirrel Attack in the latter stages of the game.
- Rob Mo was Zen in the latter stages of the game.
- Jimmy was awarded 8 points for style, 2 for technique.
- Emma played Jason Donovan, but at 90 degrees to the horizontal.
- Ian introduced the j value axis at the end of the game.
- Toby wore a pair of famous gloves.
- Rob Mi had the Eschaton immanentised beneath him by Rob Mo.
- All players ended up on the Circle Line.